Treasurer's Strategic Initiatives
Our vision is to create and maintain a fiscally sound and prosperous North Carolina.
Our mission is to exercise fiduciary oversight and provide outstanding customer service that provides value to, and instills confidence by, the state's citizens, customers, and financial community.
The North Carolina Department of State Treasurer has identified the following seven strategic goals for 2010-2012:
- Protect the Pension by Optimizing Returns and Plan Design Features
- Apply Conservative Debt Management Practices to Maintain the State's AAA Bond Rating
- Ensure Transparency, Ethics, and Accountability
- Increase Operational Efficiencies and Improve Risk Management
- Increase Customer Service
- Contribute to State Innovation and Economic Development
- Advance Financial Literacy across North Carolina
Read the North Carolina Department of State Treasurer's 2010-2012 Strategic Plan
Each of the following core values of the North Carolina Department of State Treasurer is implemented consistently at all levels, across all departments and initiatives.
- Customer Orientation - Keep the customer, the citizens of the state of North Carolina, at the center of our focus in all that we do.
- Diversity - Recognize and value the benefits of diverse ideas, perspectives, and people through Human Resources practices, vendor selection, and operational procedures.
- Expertise - Recruit and maintain the highest levels of expertise in all aspects related to the Department of State Treasurer through hiring, contract services, retention, and training of resources. To provide the optimal level of service to the citizens of North Carolina.
- Integrity - Establish and maintain the highest level of integrity by installing and ensuring ethical practices throughout the department.
- Long-term View - Maintain a big picture perspective and strategy, consistent with the goals and responsibilities of the Department of State Treasury.
- Transparency - Structure and conduct all aspects of government regarding the Department of State Treasurer with an open and transparent policy, promoting both trust and accountability.